Monday, January 7, 2013

The penguins at someone else's home

Tonight, we are helping Mr. Penguin's parents with all their electronic needs. Which will probably end up causing them more confusion in the long run. MIL got a new Kindle Fire and new mp3 player for the holidays, and FIL got his first cell phone. We bought them a router to aid in their data consumption, and delivered the whole kit 'n' caboodle this evening. After a delicious dinner we sat down to work, and once again technology made me look a fool. We all know how it goes... you say "oh, it's so easy" and then something starts going crazy. In this instance, kindle fires come with some kind of autocomplete and autocorrect that wouldn't recognize her email address as a real word- it kept autocorrecting it just slightly so we didn't notice until logging in would fail. Oh, technology. Make a chump out of me, will you? Now my in laws think technology is scary* and that I'm tying to put one over on them.**
All was not lost. We successfully taught someone to play Angry Birds, after all.

*they don't really think that. Well, maybe my FIL does.
**they don't really think that, either. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment